ATTENTION CUSTOMERS: For short action calibers; 22-250 REM, 223 REM, 243 WIN, 308 WIN, or 7MM-08 REM. When assembling, hold the barrel in the center of the channel and tighten screws.
- Length of Mag Box: 3 17/64" approximately
- Center to Center of Action Screws: 4 25/32"
- Over All Length of Part: 31 1/2"
- Comes with Boyds' 1/2" Rubber Recoil Pad.
- Safety is located on the tang and the Bolt Release is on the side of the receiver.
- A black plastic trigger guard, screw, and recoil lug are included with the stock.
***Stainless Steel Metal trigger guards are also available: PN 100662.***It is your responsibility to confirm the dimensions of your firearm with the supplied dimensions of our part.
All finished parts have been CNC inlet to Boyds' House Action. Variations may exist from firearm to firearm, minor fitting may be required to get that perfect fit to your firearm.
Natural cosmetic imperfections such as minor knots, burls, heartwood, mineral lines or minor cosmetic fill work are not considered a defect and will be subject to the 12% restocking fee.
The Prairie Hunter design sports a Monte Carlo comb that is slightly raised to parallel the bore which aids with proper cheek alignment for scope usage and also has nicely blended flutes in front of the comb to conceal the thumb and prevent thumb to nose contact when the gun recoils. A graceful cheek piece provides additional facial support and is blended beautifully into the stock and grip which discourages the shooter from climbing up onto the scope and keeping the stock aligned with your shoulder for superior recoil absorption. A slender and slightly open oval pistol grip with slight palm swell is well defined with the comb to give you a firm grip which allows quick mounting to the shoulder and aids with proper eye position with the scope. A sleek beveled hand-conforming forend that is flat/oval in shape allowing superior palm to forend weld to help improve off hand shooting, and is proportioned to complement barrels of 22 to 26 inches in length.
PRAIRIE HUNTER FEATURES:
- Material under barrel channel has been removed to improve balance of the firearm
- 1/2" rubber recoil pad for quick non-slip mounting
- All Finished and Unfinished stocks come with 1 front and 1 rear blued swivel stud
- All Finished stocks are 100% machine inlet for a drop in fit
- Reinforcing screws installed for added strength at no additional cost
- Average weight of 2.8 lbs.
- Laboratory acid-based satin finish, proven to resist chemical damage and harsh treatment from the elements
- Made of Stratabond Laminate or American Walnut - These materials are used for their proven stability, strength, and beauty
- The length of pull on this stock is 13 3/4"
- The overall length is approximately 32"