RVT Rimfire Varmint Thumbhole
Boyds RVT stocks sport a straight rollover comb that is parallel to the bore which aids in scope usage and minimizes cheek slap under recoil. A sleek hand conforming thumbhole grip is well defined with slight palm swell that puts your hand in its most natural position for comfort as well as recoil absorption, further reducing muzzle jump. A beavertail designed forend is oval in shape, allowing superior palm-to-forend weld to improve off-hand shooting, yet wide enough to ride the bags for a session at the range. The RVT also has side vents which permit the free floating barrel to cool quickly. The forend is proportioned to compliment barrels 18-22 inches in length and can be opened up by the customer to accept customer barrels up to 1 inch in diameter if desired.
Rimfire Varmint Thumbhole Features:
- Material under barrel channel has been removed to improve the balance of the firearm
- 1/2" Rubber recoil pad installed for quick non-slip mounting
- All Boyds' RVT stocks come with 2 front and 1 rear blued swivel studs and are 100% machine inlet to our house action for a drop-in fit
- No sharp edges on bottom of stock gives a sleeker design and helps when shifting or turning stock in shooting sticks
- Average weight of 2.3 lbs. which allows for great balance of rifle
- The overall length is approximately 32"
- The length of pull is 13 3/4"
- Laboratory acid-based finish-proven to resist chemical damage and harsh treatment from the elements
- Made of Laminate - These materials are used for their proven stability, strength, and beauty