VT VARMINT THUMBHOLE
The VT design is a synthesis of design elements requested by you, the customer, for a thumbhole design. With a large rollover cheek piece for scope usage and straight comb design to minimize cheek slap when shooting, the hand conforming thumbhole allows for increased accuracy while distributing the recoil among the palm and shoulder. This minimizes muzzle jump and felt recoil. The VT has a beaver-tailed designed forend that is flat/oval in shape allowing for superior palm to forend weld to help improve off-hand shooting. It is also wide and flat enough to set up for long range bag work.
Varmint Thumbhole Features:
Cooling Vents - adds to the aesthetics and increases cooling area around barrel for those longer sessions at the range.
- Customers will have the ability to open the forend to accept barrels up to 1 1/4" wide
- 1/2" Rubber recoil pad for quick non-slip mounting
- All Finished and Unfinished Boyds' VT stocks come with 2 front and 1 rear blued swivel stud. No sharp edges on bottom of stock - gives a sleeker design and helps when shifting stock in shooting sticks
- Average weight of 2.8 lbs. - allows for great balance of the rifle, and only adds about 9 oz. to firearm's overall weight compared to standard plastic stocks offered by manufacturers
- Laboratory acid based satin finish - proven to resist chemical damage and harsh treatment from the elements
- Made of Laminate - this material is used for its proven stability, strength and beauty
- The length of pull is 13 3/4"
- The overall length is approximately 32"